The sustainability of cannabis growth comes into question again because of the amount of energy consumed in order to make it. Rules and taxes have been made to encourage cannabis growers to find ways of generating their own power. However, an organization, Resource Innovation Institute is holding a conference to talk about it called the Agriculture Energy Solutions Conference.
- A group of leaders within the cannabis industry is meeting together in San Diego to talk about how to stem the use of power as it relates to producing cannabis.
- Energy consumption from the production of the plant has been high which has caused taxes and other incentives to try to get companies to produce their own power.
- Several people are scheduled to speak on a wide range of topics within the cannabis industry as well as the power consumption problem.
Quote: “Key considerations are the carbon and energy implications of indoor controlled environments. Drawing from the experiences of early models, the conference objective was to explore energy solutions for all forms of indoor agriculture but a core focus for good reason was on the exponentially growing cannabis sector and the implications of increased energy demands and use.” (Miller, 2020)
Link to article:
Related Glossary Terms
Continue learning with these related glossary terms:
Related Blog Posts
- Grow Shelves For Your Commercial Operation: Benches, Tables, And Vertical Growing Systems
- Grow Room Setup And Design: What To Consider For Commercial Growers
- 6 Proven Ways To Increase Your Cannabis Yields [Commercial Growers Only]
- Growing Cannabis: Grow Stages, Week-By-Week Growing Guidelines
- The Anatomy Of A Cannabis Plant
- Growing Indica Vs. Sativa Vs. Hybrid
- Growing Cannabis From Seed Vs. Cloning: Advantages And Disadvantages
- How To Clone Cannabis Plants
- Curing Cannabis In A Commercial Grow Operation
- Bucking And Trimming Cannabis Buds
- Harvesting And Drying Cannabis In A Commercial Grow Operation
- Dry And Cure Room Setup For A Commercial Grow Operation