Local and sustainably grown foods are becoming more popular among general public. As food grown in this way becomes more competitive in pricing, the popularity can only increase. For farmers using hydroponics, this means that analysis of their farm economics and business strategy needs to be evaluated often. Profit margins for hydroponic greenhouse farms are generally expected to be at a minimum of 50%, but with organic methods this margin can increase to 60%. Further analyzes can uncover additional changes that can be implemented to increase the profit even further.
- There is a huge market for locally-grown food, so farmers need to make sure their prices are competitive.
- Choosing how to grow is difficult, with many options ranging from traditional to high-tech.
- One of the best cost-effective methods of growing is a greenhouse, especially combined with organic methods.
“A typical greenhouse farm can expect gross profit margins that range from 50% – 65% for lettuce and tomatoes.”
Related Blog Posts
- Quality Improvement Of Melons In Hydroponic System
- Growing Your Own Food | Marketing Advantage | Growing On Racks
- Calcium Supplementation And Deficiencies In Plant Growth