What is Colloidal Silver?
Colloidal silver is a combination of distilled water and flakes of near-pure silver that is sprayed onto a part of a plant that you want to become a hermaphrodite. It is created when an electric current flows through water mixed with silver electrodes. The electric current prompts the silver’s microscopic particles to break away from each other. The microscopic particles become suspended in the water when they break off.
Colloidal silver is used on a marijuana plant to produce feminized seeds. The pollen collected will contain no Y chromosomes, only double X chromosomes, after colloidal silver is applied to the cannabis plant. This ensures female seed production.
Cannabis growers also use colloidal silver to attack different types of plant pathogens, such as bacteria and parasites.
Why is Colloidal Silver Important for Cannabis Growers?
Cannabis growers prefer feminized seeds because of the terpenes and cannabinoids found in their flowers. These plants are valued for the Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) that creates the psychoactive experience known as the “high” produced, or other cannabinoids from the female plants that are coveted as treatments for various medical conditions.
Growers use colloidal silver to produce feminized seeds that essentially offer an all-female cannabis crop.
In addition to the feminized seeds, colloidal silver provides a safe and healthy alternative to pesticides to protect cannabis plants. Colloidal silver is:
- An oligodynamic biocide, meaning it attacks primitive life forms such as bacteria and parasites without harming more mature organisms on the cannabis plant.
- A more organic alternative to pesticides, forcing bacteria, fungi and viruses to suffocate without harmful chemicals absorbed by the cannabis plant.
- A contributor to larger, healthier plants, helping to improve overall health and strengthen the root system.
- An immunity booster for plants, helping to create a more robust immunity system that prevents problems and enhances recovery from any damage caused by pathogens.
- A consistent protector that prevents pathogens, bacteria, fungi and viruses from developing immunity to its protection, unlike traditional antibiotics that becomes less effective when used over time and as nuisance organisms become accustomed to them.
Related Glossary Terms for Colloidal Silver
Continue learning with these related glossary terms:
Back to Glossary