Keeping the food that we grow safe as well as keeping the environment safe at the same time is a challenge. The more we use to grow the crops the more we are harming the environment. There are many bugs that have come to be because of climate change that we are trying to combat against. The bugs that are showing up now are some that have never been seen before, and we need to figure out a way to have fewer disturbances.
- Crop protection has come a long way since the book Silent Spring; today’s products are safer for human health and the environment.
- Many of today’s crop protection products are obtained from natural sources and used to grow organic produce.
- Enabling more food to be grown per unit of land reduces human encroachment into areas such as the Amazon rainforest.
“Dangers in the food supply can occur at any stage of the farm-to-fork process.”
Related Blog Posts
- Urban Farming/Vertical Farming In Eugene, Oregon
- Farmers Must Take Control Of The Climate Change Debate
- Column: Covid Fuels Urban Barns And Rooftop Farming
- Growing Up
- New Guide To Running “Sustainable” Food Businesses
- Eugene, Oregon Uncovers The Risks Of Extracting Hash Oil
- 80 Acres Farm Joins Art Exhibition Will Grow Tomatoes On Fifth Avenue
- Msu Manages To Get A Grant Worth $5.4 Million For Indoor Growing Studies