In order to compete in any industry, you need the right tools. The competitive cannabis industry is no different.
If you’re ready to increase yields and maximize profits through vertical growing, here is a list of five essential tools you’ll need for your grow room.
1. Mobile Grow Racks. Mobile grow racks allow you the flexibility to expand your growing space without the expense of adding more room. You’ll find that a quality-made mobile racking system will become the backbone of your business.
At Grow Higher, we will work with you to design the racking system that suits your needs – whether you are just starting out or are an experienced grower.
2. Grow Trays. Your next important vertical farming tool is the grow tray. Not all grow trays are the same, and cheaper trays may cost you more in the long run. You’ll want to select durable, reusable trays that feature easy drainage and have ultra-violet stability and disease resistance.
3. Lighting. Indoor farming depends on a dependable light source. We recommend LED lighting for each tier, and while the initial cost may seem exorbitant, it’s wise to consider it as an investment in healthy plants.
Work with a qualified manufacturer of proven electrical growing systems and an electrician when setting up your lighting system. Be sure to ask if flex (or “daisy chain”) wiring is an option for your operation. If so, you might be able to save some money. Do your research and read reviews of all products and services before making your lighting decision.
4. Airflow. Next on your list is your growing operation’s air circulation needs. Adequate airflow is essential to the health of your plants in an indoor environment. Look for an airflow system that provides a consistent supply of conditioned air to the canopy and sub-canopy across your entire run. Also, ask about other options, like Co2 enrichment and air sanitization.
5. Irrigation and Fertigation. Robust cannabis plants require proper amounts of water and nutrients. An automated system can save you time, money, and worry. Talk with providers who work with vertical growers and know your particular needs. Be sure to ask about monitors, sensors, and grow controls.
Now that you’ve got a handle on the five most important tools, it’s time to consider mobile carts for mobile carts to move plants easily from harvest to your drying area. Look for carts that allow you to custom configure them for both hanging plants and trays. Features like security cages, nesting bases, and fungal-resistance coatings are worth considering.
When you’re designing your grow room, every inch of space matters. The best way to maximize space is with vertical growing. Then, with the right tools on hand, you’ll be able to increase your crop yield and quality. With this type of care and planning, you’ll also have a more efficient, and ultimately, more profitable growing operation.