As of April 2021, 17 states, the District of Columbia, and two U.S. territories have passed legislation to regulate cannabis for adult recreational use. In fact, in the months between November 2020 and April 2021, every cannabis-related ballot measure before U.S. voters has passed.
Whether you’re an established grower or just launching your business, you already know that It’s a competitive market out there. The question on your mind is, what can you do to boost your yields and profits.
The answer is to look up. This article will explain five advantages of mobile vertical cannabis growing.
1. Greater efficiency and higher ROI. Vertical growing with a mobile racking system allows you to create an efficient operation that runs like the proverbial well-oiled machine.
You can more than double your growing space without the expense of adding new buildings or property. You won’t need to deal with new permits, construction, or employee downtime when you add mobile racks.
Even more importantly, since custom-designed mobile racks allow you to grow more cannabis plants in less space, you can save on labor costs. Your employees will be able to spend more time tending plants rather than moving through your building.
2. Enhanced flexibility. In addition to the vertical space you gain with mobile racking, these systems also allow you to optimize your horizontal space. Your staff can move and turn racks with a simple push or pull to tend to plants, eliminating the need for space-wasting aisles in your facility.
3. Better use of resources. Plants arranged in a horizontal system often suffer from overcrowding. On the other hand, mobile vertical racks systems allow plants improved access to light, heating, and air conditioning, and airflow.
Although the initial investment for LED lighting, irrigation, and ventilation may seem daunting at first, you will more than make up for it with crop after crop of vigorous, healthy plants.
4. Create a multi-state operation to standardize and streamline your outputs. When you design a mobile vertical system, you can easily adapt it to suit your other grow room locations.
Using the same facility layout across multiple sites helps to standardize your employee training and streamline your growing and harvesting methods. Both of these factors contribute favorably to your bottom line.
5. Improve employee safety and ergonomics. To increase their canopy, some cannabis growers use wide tables and narrow aisles in their grow rooms. However, this strategy can backfire.
Employees can suffer injuries from repeatedly reaching across wide tables and navigating narrow spaces. A mobile racking system allows them to access plants safely and comfortably.
By now, you can see that mobile vertical systems are indeed the future for cannabis growers. An added bonus is that you can purchase a system that is custom-designed for your particular operation. At Grow Higher, mobile vertical growing systems are our specialty.
We like nothing better than helping our customers grow more quality plants in less space. Please give us a call today, and let’s get started on your new vertical growing system.